Saturday, November 3, 2012

Guacamole, Insurance, and Sandy

Good evening. It's after midnight and I ate way too much guacamole so I'm just lying in bed and waiting for the itis to set in. We got some fancy new flannel sheets on sale at City Target so I'm very comfy.

It's nice to be able to breathe. My health insurance hasn't gone through yet and my asthma has been getting worse as the air gets cooler. I wasn't taking my daily meds as they are really expensive and then last night, I woke Mathew up at 3AM, in tears, because I couldn't breathe and my rescue inhaler wasn't working. We finally had to give in and pay $270 for the maintenance inhaler. There is no generic of Advair so I'm basically screwed until I get insurance. It's hard knowing that both Mat and I went to college (and Mat to law school) and did what we were "supposed to do" to be successful and I'm still wheezing throughout the night because I can't afford medication. I'm telling you now: LEARN A TRADE.

I haven't mentioned the hurricane yet, I know. My family and friends are doing okay. Luckily, no one I know personally lost anything of much value. There were many lives lost, however, and many homes destroyed. I will be donating to the The Red Cross and I suggest you do as well. If you are in New York or New Jersey, volunteers are needed as well as food and clothing donations. I can get that information for anyone who would like it. If you can give blood, that is also needed. The last time I tried, I almost passed out and the nurse made fun of me so I will just be donating all the other stuff.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend. GO VOTE ON TUESDAY! Be safe and stay warm.

EDIT: I got rid of the paragraph where I was angry and flipping out. Look, I had cramps. Leave me alone. Just donate to the Red Cross. That's what's important right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment