Monday, November 5, 2012

Fighting Off the Urge to Nap

It's about 4PM and I have done almost nothing all day. I have this habit of drinking coffee, showering, getting dressed, putting on makeup, getting all my stuff ready to leave the house, and then just deciding to just sit back down and not go anywhere. I'm probably going to end up eating a bunch of carbs for lunch and then passing out until dinner. Try not to be impressed with my Monday schedule.

I am trying to learn how to cook. So far, I have made fettuccine alfredo, turkey chili, and fancy salads. Tomorrow, it will be slow cooker mac & cheese. I know my menu doesn't sound that impressive but I literally have cooked twice in my entire life and once it was an utter failure. I did get Mat to eat broccoli, though, which is pretty impressive considering he only eats like 2 vegetables.

I got to hang out with that cute dog I posted a picture of a while ago. Her foster family ended up adopting her and they brought her to my boyfriend's office. They also brought me free lunch, which was freaking awesome.

She is really small and really well behaved. It's incredible that a dog who is only 4-months-old and was so badly treated is so calm. Her new name is Truffles and she is very happy and loved now. If you're interested in fostering, adopting, or donating to wonderful dogs like her, check out Angel City Pits.

I've been doing my best to crochet a baby blanket for my friend. It's going to take a while, since hardly any of it is done, and baby blankets are tough. The stitches have to be super small with no holes so the baby doesn't get its fingers stuck in it. Luckily, the baby isn't expected until the end of March and I don't have a job yet. I have 3 feet of length left to go and I literally have done about an inch over the past 2 days. None of my other friends had better get pregnant until after this is finished.


It is still super hot in Los Angeles, as you can see by a neighbor's brilliant front yard setup. I wish I had a front yard, too.


It's 90 degrees today, it was 85 yesterday, and it'll be in the 80's again tomorrow. It's weird getting used to the fact that it gets dark early the same way it does in NY but it's still really warm. My brain is having a hard time understanding it. I have always had a hard time with seasonal depression so I'm not sure if I should be worried about it this year or not. I'll definitely be getting more sun as it's warm enough to be outside but there is still less daytime in the winter, regardless of the weather. If I start making blog entries with depressing song lyrics from bands I liked in high school as the title, you'll know how it turned out.

To conclude, here is a picture of some dessert we had last night at DK's Donuts in Santa Monica. They are called Maple Bacon Bliss and they are basically just a pound of sugar with bacon. 


I couldn't really taste the bacon or even the maple because the sweetness was so overwhelming but they were fun to try. My personal favorite thing there was called a Canadian creme donut, which was a chocolate frosted donut filled with homemade whipped cream. For the most part, I promise, I do normally eat fairly healthily but this weekend, I enjoyed plenty of grease, fat, and sugar, while blaming it on my period. I don't feel bad about it, either. I deserve to get one perk out of bleeding profusely from my genitals. It might as well be a few donuts.

This weekend, I will be taking a bicycle trip and hopefully I will somehow motivate myself to get to the gym we are paying for but have yet to visit. No promises, though.

Remember to get out and vote tomorrow! You have no excuse not to. If you don't know your polling place, here is a good site to Find Your Fucking Polling Place. Have a good afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment